I’m a sucker for a good piece of fish. When I received my latest issue of Cooking Light and saw Crispy Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce I knew that I had to make it right away. I changed a few things about it–especially the sauce. That’s why I changed it’s name.
The title didn’t lie. It’s crispy. Really crispy. And that’s a good thing. I chose to make this dish with Cod but you could also use flounder, bass, tilapia etc… It cooks fast and is a really simple dish to put together-great for a fast weeknight meal or, in my case, a great dinner after a busy Saturday of running around.
Crispy Baked Cod with Tangy Dill & Pickle Sauce
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 4oz skin-less fresh cod filets
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp – mayonnaise (Hellmann’s)
- 1-2 tbsp finely chopped dill pickle (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- Pre-heat broiler to high.
- Place egg white in a shallow dish. In a 2nd dish combine panko and next 3 ingredients and mix to combine.
- Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto both sides of fish then dip each fillet in the egg and then roll in panko to coat evenly. Place fillets on the prepared broiler pan and broil 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Time will depend on fillet size.
- While fish is cooking prepare the sauce. Combine the last 4 ingredients in the list above in a small bow, stir and serve on the side with the fish.