What an easy, fast dish!! The greatest amount of time is consumed chopping the pepper, onion and chicken. Super fast!! This is great on it’s own (as I had it) or over rice. This will definately be made again soon.
Sweet-Spicy Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1.25 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine the first 6 ingredients, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until browned and done. Remove the chicken and add the other 1 tbsp oil to the wok and swirl to coat. Add the peas, pepper and onion and stir-fry until crisp-tender about 3 minutes. Stir in te brown sugar mixture and cook 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chicken, toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onion and peanuts.
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine, September 2012 issue.
Makes 4 servings (without rice). Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes.