Have you bought granola recently? Holy cow it’s a fortune!! I’ve seen a few recipies here and there for it but I never tried to make it. Recently I took the cookbook ‘Quinoa 365’ out of the library and spotted their ‘Ultimate Granola’. Well-it wasn’t MY ultimate granola as I can’t stand raisins and I’m not much of a pumpkin seed fan-so I made it my own. It’s full of all kinds of good stuff-the flake coconut and the tart cranberries are so great together and I love the whole almonds and parts of walnuts.
Feel free to make the same kind of adjustments to YOUR ultimate granola.
- 2.5 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened and crushed into small bits)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 225F.
- Combine all ingredients through and including walnuts in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the syrup and vanilla and stir to combine. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and stir until evenly distributed. Add the cinnamon and stir again until evenly mixed.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Mix in the cranberries and extra coconut if desired. I did 🙂
Store in a sealed container for up to 4 weeks.
Makes 7 cups.