I have loved this salad for years. I think I first made it about 5 years ago. I love salads that have different components and flavors and this fits that profile perfetly. It’s sweet, it’s slightly spicy, it’s tangy, and it’s just delicious. The dressing is a perfect honey mustard balance and compliments the other flavors perfectly. Genius.
The amount of pear and grapes and lettuce is up to you so I didn’t put amounts below.
Grape, Pear and Curry Cashew Salad
- 3/4-1 cup chopped raw unsalted cashews
- 5 slices bacon (41/2 for salad, 1/2 for dog)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp curry powder (madras or yellow curry)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Romaine hearts washed and dried
- Bosc pear sliced very thin
- Red grapes
- In a skillet set over medium heat toast the cashews until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cook bacon in desired vessel (microwave, oven, stovetop) to desired done-ness, set on paper towels to drain then chop. Give 1/2 slice to dog.
- In a medium bowl mix the butter, rosemary, cury, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and toasted cashews. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, mustard and honey. Then add the olive oil while whisking to combine.
- When you’re ready to serve it place the lettuce in a bowl, add some cashews and grapes and drizzle with dressing. Gently stir to combine. Top with bacon and pear slices. Or forget that whole bit and just put everything together in a bowl with dressing and mix it around.
Adapted from a recipe I printed 5 years ago from allrecipes.com.