Some times I like egg salad. Those times include when it’s not drowning in mayonnaise and when it’s zingy! Who likes mushy bland egg salad is a mystery to me….. The egg salad below is anything but mushy and bland. It’s really tasty and it’s light and airy. If you like bacon and sriracha and eggs you’ll like this a lot.
Sriracha & Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich
- 3 large eggs, hard-boiled, cooled and peeled
- 4 strips bacon, cooked (2 broken into small pieces, 1 set aside for topping and 1 for the dog 🙂 )
- 1 generous tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 3-4 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 generous tsp sriracha
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 piece of romaine lettuce
- 2 slices of bread
- Gently chop eggs and yolks and put them in a bowl. Add everything else but the 1 strip of bacon, bread and lettuce and stir gently.
- Place lettuce on one slice of bread, top with salad, top salad with bacon, place 2nd slice of bread on top and enjoy.
Greatly adapted from Cooking Light magazine, August, 2013
Makes 1 sandwich