My Mom always hosts Thanksgiving so I bring some pickies to have before dinner. This year, among others, I made these nuts that I found in Nigella Lawson’s book Nigella Bites. They are so good! They’re warm and crunchy and a bit spicy and a bit sweet and a touch salty. And they’re addictive! We loved them.
The Union Square Cafe’s Bar Nuts
- 2-2&1/4 cups mixed nuts-unsalted
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp fleur de sel
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place nuts onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Watch them carefully. Nuts go from golden and perfect to burned in a flash.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the nuts to the butter and spice mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- Serve warm.
Slightly adapted from the cookbook recipe.