Years and years ago I asked Husband’s Aunt for her recipe for ribs. She made them for us once and they were so so delicious! Just a bit spicy, a bit sweet, full of flavor and they couldn’t be easier to make. I made them to eat while we watched the Super Bowl. The game and the advertisements were totally underwhelming. The ribs were not!
You could probably use spare ribs with this but I prefer baby backs.
Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 heaping tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for sesaoning
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Favorite bbq sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300f.
- Line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil
- Remove the membrane from the bony underside of the rack. I find it easy to start with a paring knife then just separate it with my hands.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Starting with the chili powder and ending with the oregano mix the ingredients together and set aside.
- Brush or rub the oil onto both sides of the ribs. Rub the spices and herb mix onto both sides of the ribs.
- Cook on the prepared baking sheet, meaty side up, until very tender for about 2 hours and 30 minutes then brush all over with your favorite bbq sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut between the ribs and serve with extra bbq sauce.