I’ve been on a baked potato kick lately and created a really super tasty one last night that I wanted to share with you. I’m always trying different toppings-salsa with sour cream, chives etc.. If you’re looking for something a bit different but amazingly tasty look no further. The swiss cheese makes it tangy yet incredibly smooth.
You can see in the photo below how light and creamy the potato is. It couldn’t be simpler to make.
Swiss Smashed Baked Potato
- 1 Yukon gold potato
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese
- Sprinkle of butter powder or pat of butter (I used the butter powder that we put on fresh home-made popcorn).
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Poke holes in the potato with a fork then wrap it in a paper towel. Microwave the potato for about 6 minutes (depending on microwave).
- Remove the potato from the microwave, discard the paper towel and put the potato into a small bowl. Cut into the potato crossways then the long ways going all the way through. Push the pieces apart to make room for the butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle butter over the potato then mash in the swiss cheese evenly. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Mash it all around again.
- Serve immediately.
I didn’t have any but I would imagine that sliced green onions would be fabulous on top of this potato.