These muffins are lovely and light and oh so tasty–perfect muffins to go with slices of delicate strawberries for the summer.
There’s not really all that much else to write except for the recipe…..
Strawberry Delight Muffins
- 6 ozs Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- 2 ozs fat-free Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1&1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters (or 2 large eggs)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp strawberry extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1&1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped small
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Place liners in muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer cream together the yogurt, sour cream, butter and sugar. Then add the Egg Beaters, milk, vanilla and strawberry extract. Stir until combined-being careful to not over-mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and whisk to combine.
- Add 1/4 of the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Continue adding the dry ingredients in increments and mixing. Do not over mix. Gently fold in the fresh strawberries.
- Fill the liners in the muffin tin to about 3/4 of the way full and bake for about 23-28 minutes or until the tops are light golden brown. Allow to cool in the tin for about 10-15 minutes then remove the muffins from the tin and place onto a cooling rack.
Yield: about 18-20 muffins. I made 12 muffins and froze the remainder of the batter to use another time.
Greatly adapted from the Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins from http://www.bos-bowl.com