How is it possible that this past weekend was Memorial Day? Already? I remember last year Memorial Day weekend was cold and rainy. It was the opposite this year! Sunny and warm and lovely. And PERFECT for a frozen dessert at the end of the bbq.
This little frozen yummy is not too sweet, not too tart and just right in size. You can’t get easier to assemble either. Hope you add it to one of your menus for these warmer months-it’s delicious!!
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 4 tbsp limoncello
- 1 & 1/2 cups frozen vanilla bean greek yogurt* divided
- 3 lemon candy slices
*I used Healthy Choice brand-they come in 1/2 cup servings.
- Mix the limoncello and lemon curd together until fully blended. Set aside.
- 15 minuutes before serving remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer and allow it to thaw a bit. Stir to airate and combine.
- In each of 3 serving dishes or glasses: put a bit of the limoncello mix at the bottom. Add the frozen yogurt and then top with more lemon mixture.
- Top with the lemon candy.
Yield: 3 servings.
Casey loved licking the left overs out of the glass.
I adjusted Cooking Light’s recipe a lot here. I swapped frozen greek yogurt for ice cream and added more limoncello, omitted the cookies and added the candy. Better for you and more of a kick.