I generally am really not so good at making chocolate chip cookies from scratch. They’re either too dark on the bottom, too soft in the inside etc….it’s pretty sad really. I’ve baked those ones from the mix or the tube a few times, and they’re great, but I feel like it’s a real cop-out.
But these–these were perfect. Perfect I tell you. And so easy to make! It took me less than 20 minutes from start to getting them out of the oven to cool.
I found the recipe that I adapted to make these cookies on a container of Crisco that I had bought-probably during the holidays intending on baking tons of goodie-but never did.
Perfect Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1&1/4 firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark-your choice)
- 3/4 stick Crisco butter flavor all-veggie shortening
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1&3/4 AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a rimmed baking sheet (or 2) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the first 4 ingredients and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl when needed.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir with a wisk to evenly combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the bowl of the mixer on low speed and mix until just blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Place rounded tbsp of dough 2.5 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 11 minutes for chewy insides and crispy outsides, a bit less for all chewy.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet then carefully slide the parchment with the cookies off of the sheet to cool.
The full recipe makes about 36 cookies. I baked half and froze the other half in a ziplock bag with the instructions written on the bag.