Sometimes it’s the most simple of recipes that have the tastiest results. Sometimes things from nature need very little to go from tasty to super delicous and yummy. This is one of those times. 3 ingredients. One tasty healthy dish.
Since you roast this with the inside up it forms a bit of a bowl. The butter and brown sugar melt together and make a little sauce in there. YUM!! See? Poking the holes into the squash allows the sauce to really seep in.
Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash, halved the long way from stem to tip, seeds removed
- 1.5 tsp light salted butter, softened
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place both halves inside up into a baking dish (the dish should hold them snugly so they dont tip over. If the dish is too big roll up some foil into a log, attach the ends to make a circle and snuggle the squash into it in the pan.
- Rub a touch of the butter along the top rim of the squash then rub the rest into the inside.
- Sprikle a touch of the sugar onto the rim than the rest inside.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, poke holes all over the interior of the squash (gently-don’t go through the outside skin) and then back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes, then scrape out the squash, cut and serve.