Recently I’ve seen a ton of ‘dill pickle dips’ floating around online. I LOVE dill pickles but felt they could be improved on a bit-some used dried dill or just cream cheese so I came up with my own. The scallions add another layer of flavor and the fresh dill really ties everything together.
I served it with some delicious super crunchy kettle chips for a St. Patrick’s Day app.
It can be made ahead of time and put into the fridge for hours until you’re ready to serve it.
Scallion & Dill Pickle Dip
- 4 ozs. reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature (not fat free neufchatel cheese)
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped dill pickles (please get the freshest, best quality pickles that you can)
- 2-3 tbsp dill pickle juice (to taste and texture)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped small
- 1 tbsp low fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, green and white, chopped into 1/4-1/8 sized pieces
- In a medium bowl mash the cream cheese to make sure it’s fully softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (2 tbsp of the juice to start with, add the additional after mixing if desired) except the scallion and mix well to combine.
- Gently fold in the scallions until incorporated.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours before serving.
- Serve with crispy potato chips.