Roasting veggies is my favorite way to cook them. Is it your favorite way as well? They stay so crispy and the flavors are so nice! A simple olive oil, salt and pepper is all that’s needed to make them yummy. And it made for a beautifully colorful dish.
Hmmmm orange, white and green. I’ll remember that for St. Patrick’s Day.
I served these on Christmas Eve along with this Pot Roast and mashed potatoes and they were perfect. I had intended on making only carrots but there were no purple ones to be found at the store that day so i picked up some parsnips instead. I already had the green beans at home.
Roast Carrots, Parsnips and Green Beans
- 3 bunches baby carrots (the real baby carrots-not the little ones in the bag), about 1 lb, peeled and cut into inch lengths.
- 1/2 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into pieces the same size as the carrots
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed, cut into the same size as the parsnips and carrots
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread out all of the carrots and parsnips onto the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add the green beans, spread them around and add more olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder if needed.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away.