Baked Parmesan Potatoes

It’s time for another Blogger’s Choice Swap! This month’s theme was ‘Vegetarian’ and I was assigned Katie’s blog www.sotastysoyummy.blogspot.com.  She has some really great recipes on there.  If you’re familiar with my blog or me you know that I love Parmesan cheese (and most other cheeses really) so when I saw this recipe I chose it immediately. Baked Parmesan Potatoes? YUM!! They’re super simple to make and are really delicious. I had one potato as a side to a fantastic salad that I made one night.  They come out crispy on the outside and fluffy and creamy in the middle. The parmesan and butter make a slight crust along where the potato sat in the pan.

potato2

Baked Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients:

• 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed, dried and quartered
  • 1/4 cup butter (half of a stick), melted
  • 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • olive oil
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Pour the melted butter into an 8×8 baking dish and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese and garlic powder evenly over the butter.
  3. Place the potatoes, long cut side down, onto the butter.  Brush the skins lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes then turn the potatoes so that the short cut side is in the butter. Bake for another 5 minutes.
  5. Remove from the oven and allow 5 minutes to rest.
  6. Serve promptly.

potato4

Thank you Sarah at http://tasteofhomecooking.blogspot.com for hosting these great swaps!!

Check out the other great recipes and blogs involved in the swap here:

6 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Ashley
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 10:31:22

Oh my these sound awesome! I made your delicious velvet pumpkin bread for the swap.

2. katie
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 11:26:06

So glad you enjoyed them!

3. Dawn
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 11:52:18

I’m with you-I love cheese on anything! I’ll be making these soon for sure!

4. Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife}
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 12:35:37

I am always looking for a new potato side dish, these look great!

5. The Home Cook
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 14:03:31

Oh man, these sound awesome!

6. Cookaholic Wife
    Nov 15, 2013 @ 18:15:12

I’ve gotten bored with the mashed, roasted, baked potato rotation and this sounds like the perfect recipe to change that up!