It’s time for another Blogger’s Choice Swap! This month’s theme was ‘Vegetarian’ and I was assigned Katie’s blog www.sotastysoyummy.blogspot.com. She has some really great recipes on there. If you’re familiar with my blog or me you know that I love Parmesan cheese (and most other cheeses really) so when I saw this recipe I chose it immediately. Baked Parmesan Potatoes? YUM!! They’re super simple to make and are really delicious. I had one potato as a side to a fantastic salad that I made one night. They come out crispy on the outside and fluffy and creamy in the middle. The parmesan and butter make a slight crust along where the potato sat in the pan.
Baked Parmesan Potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed, dried and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter (half of a stick), melted
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour the melted butter into an 8×8 baking dish and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese and garlic powder evenly over the butter.
- Place the potatoes, long cut side down, onto the butter. Brush the skins lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes then turn the potatoes so that the short cut side is in the butter. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow 5 minutes to rest.
- Serve promptly.
Thank you Sarah at http://tasteofhomecooking.blogspot.com for hosting these great swaps!!
Check out the other great recipes and blogs involved in the swap here: