Often when I make pasta or soup I’ll make up some of this delicious crunch bread to have on the side. It’s great to eat plain or to wipe up the last bits of a bowl of soup or sauce.
And it couldn’t be easier to make. You can use pretty much any bread. You need to use freshly grated parmesan though-something that you should keep on hand at all times anyway.
Crunchy Parmesan Bread
- Small baguette or other soft crust long loaf such as italian bread
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut bread into the desired shapes and put into the toaster oven to toast very slowly.
- When they’re just a touch brown remove the bread and spread a bit of butter over the bread. Return to the oven and melt the butter.
- Remove and sprinkle the parmesan cheese and then put back in the oven for a few more minutes. Watch it carefully-parmesan burns quickly. Remove when just melty.
My Mom used to make these for me. She doens’t have a blog (but she should) so they’re originally her idea