Sometimes it’s surprising how tasty something that is so easy and that has just a few ingredients is, isn’t it? The title of this recipe doesn’t lie. It’s easy. But it’s also fab!!
For a recipe swap for ‘Summer Salads’ with some fellow food bloggers I was given this recipe from Jenni’s blog www.doughseedough.net and I’m so glad! As the recipe title suggests it is truly easy so it’s a snap to just put together in a flash. I adjusted her recipe a bit (I roasted the peppers in the oven instead of in a pan on the stove to cut down on the oil) and I halved her original recipe as it’s just me eating it.
Easy Quinoa with Roasted Mini-Bell Peppers
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinced well if needed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag of mini-bell peppers (mine had 6), sliced into 1/2 inch strips, seeds removed
- 4 ozs feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped small
- In a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat add the broth and quinoa and simmer until cooked to desired consistancy (for me that’s about 14 minutes-I like it al dente), drain remaining broth if necessary. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the quinoa is cooking pre-heat oven to 375.
- On a baking pan lined with foil arrange the peppers in one layer, sprinkle with garlic and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and roast for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa and peppers/garlic and stir. Top with feta and parsley and serve.
Check out the other great salads in the swap here!!