After making the Meyer Lemon Pound Cake I had 2 lemons left over that I just had to use. So why not make cocktails?!!? I googled and looked and looked some more and I came across a Meyer Lemon Whiskey Sour (here) which sounded perfect. After quite a few sips I realized that I really didn’t like Whiskey so I opted to sub the Whiskey for Vodka instead. That was much more me. Both really are delicious I just wasn’t a fan of the Whiskey flavor. If you are then you’ll love it.
I don’t make cocktails often, I usually just open a bottle of wine (I prefer reds) or a beer (we usually have Peroni and/or Corona in the fridge). I read and reread the directions and then poof-I had a cocktail. Since I’m a girl I wanted a pretty glass too but since I don’t really have pretty cocktail glasses I used an ice cream bowl that Husband’s Grandmother had for many years. Cute huh?
I don’t know what to call the cocktail that I made with the Vodka so I’ll just call it Lemony.
- 1 oz Vokda
- 1 oz flavored simple syrup (recipe here)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed Meyer Lemon juice
- flavored sugar for rimming the glass (recipe here)
- Rub the lemon that you squeezed and zested around the rim of the glass.
- Dip and roll rim of glass into prepared sugar.
- Add the first 3 ingredients together in a cocktail shaker over ice, shake vigorously and pour into the prepared glass.